- plant poppies, sunflowers and incredible edibles;
- meet local community enterprise Streetscape and find out about apprenticeships and opportunities in landscape gardening;
- remember the young artist who lived here, loved nature and later painted world famous sunflowers;
- sow poppies to commemorate the 100th anniversary of WW1;
- find out from Friends of the Earth about why planting flowers and fruits creates an important habitat as well as a pleasant environment for us.
"I am very busy gardening now, I have sown scented peas, poppies and daisies; I have nothing more to do than to wait to see what they will give."
Vincent van Gogh, London, April 1874